Thursday, June 19, 2008

Queen of Japan - I Was Made For Loving You

Ok, so I'm not exactly a huge fan of the classic rock band KISS, I mean don't get me wrong they are great at what they do, just personally not my cup of tea. On that note, KISS song, "I was made for Lovin' You" (awesome song by the way) was covered by by Queen of Japan a few years ago and ohhhhhh boy! Great job at taking a classic rock song and while not totally straying away from the original formula, they definitely set their version apart. The original version by KISS is undoubtedly a timless classic, but Queen of Japan's cover is quality electroclash and synth pop at its finest. I love that the tune is danceable and club friendly, yet has a romantic and slightly dark undertone feel to it. It is a great song I feel that anyone can appreciate. They have a few other cover songs on this same record (entitled "Headrush") that don't really grab my attention, but this song made it worth the purchase. If you dig it, support Queen of Japan by buying their work.

Queen of Japan - I Was Made For Loving You mp3
http://www.zshare.net/audio/13902505b4cee580/

No comments: