Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mike & Charlie - I Get Live (Fatboy Slim mix) & FatBoy Slim Star 69

Pulled an old record off the shelf a couple hours ago and it was none other than Mike & Charlie's I Get Live with Fatboy Slim on remix duty. I bought this record back in 2001 and it reminds me of the LA rave scene back at that time. Well listening to this track over again brings back some great memories and I feel like this track would hit just as hard with a crowd today in 2008 as it did almost a decade ago! This song also reminded me of the old Fatboy Slim tune Star 69, that has a similar feel to it and mixes great together. Great tunes, "Bomb bomb bomb bomb!" and "They know what is what but they don't know what is what, they just strut.... what the fuck!". Classic tunes! I dug up the records, hit them with some gruv glide, and only see it fitting to post these two tracks together. Not sure what Mike & Charlie are doing these days but if you like this tune make sure you buy some of their work and definitely support and buy some Fatboy Slim records. Orion circa 2001 anyone?

No comments: