Thursday, June 12, 2008

Golden Boy feat. Miss Kittin - Rippin Kittin (tobi neumann mix)


I still remember the first time the sound of "electroclash" tickled my ear drums and I had absolutely no clue in hell what this music was other than it sounded like my uncle's old 80s records, but with roaring synth riffs and deep bass lines. I was at a rave in downtown LA inside the Orion at an event called "Spectrum". I went to this rave originally to see British hard dance heavy weights, the Organ Donors and Rachel Auburn, to hear some banging UK Hard House in Los Angeles. Dj Keoki, although was not a pull for me at the time, was also on the line-up and ended up stealing the show when he started playing this strange kind of New Wavey techno that I had never heard before. He dropped a remix of Step By Step by Divine, the Sunglasses At Night tune by Tiga and Zynthasaurus along with so many more songs that later would become the sounds that helped to establish the genre. It was definately a great intro to electro and my taste in music would be forever changed. He ended his set with this remix of Golden Boy & Miss Kittin that just drove the crowd nuts! Still gives me chills when I listen to it. Rare and out of print, here is the re-mix of this classic electroclash anthem. Ripped from the white label vinyl promo pressing on MKRK OO1.

Golden Boy feat. Miss Kittin - Rippin Kittin (Tobi Neumann mix) mp3
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5517194268fafe15/

or
http://download.xdrive.com/s/829994545BLG7g28flcDwP2ugC73?partner=xdrv

2 comments:

Dave Ramirez said...

Love that your first post was about this song!

Stay up!

Love & Hate
Dave Rape

Dj Steven Andrew said...

Dave is old skool electro! Kick us down with an older mix to drop knowledge on the kiddies