Friday, June 27, 2008

Dj Paul E Live @ Blue Afterhours 2001


This Cd was given to me by dj Paul-E (biohazard, LA) back in 2001 for my B-day when he use to work at the Vinyl Fetish record shop in Silver Lake (not the one off Melrose). I'll upload the image a little later. He only made 1000 of these bad boys. It's a mix of Progressive House and Trance that really takes me back and is a great progression from deep to banging. It was recorded live that same year at Blue Afterhours in Hollywood. He was a Los Angeles favorite Rave dj (and was a large influence on me) back in those days and this is a perfect example of a Paul-E set back in those rave times of Tekno Klub, Q-topia, Orion, Masterdome, Fox and so on. Look him up and show him some love! http://www.myspace.com/paulnassaney. Enjoy!

1. That Kid Chris - Tonight (Tribal Mix)
2. X-Press 2 - Muzikizum (part 1)
3. Mario Piu - The Vision
4. Trisco - Musak (Steve Lawler remix)
5. Giresse - Mon Ami
6. Quo Vadis - Sonic Boom (Life's Too Short)
7. Warp Brothers - Phat Bass (Ariel remix)
8. Voodo & Serano - Blood is Pumpin'
9. Joshua Ryan - PistolWhip (Les Hemstock mix)
10. Underworld - Born Slippy (White Lable remix)
11. JDS - Nine Ways (Darude vs JS16)
12. Doran vs. Joshua Ryan - Unreal

Dj Paul E Live @ Blue Afterhours 2001
http://www.mediafire.com/?ovc92vfc66854br

5 comments:

David said...

Los Angeles based DJ Paul-E was a staple in the SoCal Underground scene. I had great appreciation of him as a person and a DJ. I booked him for the first XPLURation Event in Feb. of 2000. If I could upload a flyer for that event I would. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I used to promote Magic Wednesdays there from like 2000-2002, as well as the Afterhours. I remember the VERY first Afterhours was held the same night of Kobe Bryants first shoe release party for Adidas. That was a fun place to pass out flyers lol. I wonder if I were there the night this was recorded.....

Anonymous said...

This is insane! I used to go to parties for Paul-E! And I used to go to Magic Wednesdays all the time! MEMORIES!

Anonymous said...

Saw him at Funhouse (Circus Disco) in 2000 and he was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Saw him at Funhouse (Circus Disco) in 2000 and he was awesome.