Saturday, October 18, 2008

Soft Cell - Fun City and What! 12 inch singles



Great Synth Pop & New Wave from Soft Cell! Considering that their biggest hit Tainted Love was a cover of an old R&B song, I think that the tracks What! and Fun City are two of their best original songs that are often over looked by people, unless you are into the New Wave scene. Great synth work and quality fun dance music. Chips on My Shoulder and of course my personal favorite, Sex Dwarf are pretty bad ass too, maybe I'll have to post those later.

Soft Cell -What!
Soft Cell - Fun City

1 comment:

the saucer people said...

"What!" was actually a cover version of another Northern Soul classic (Tainted Love as you say been the first cover of the Gloria Jones classic) - the original track comes from 1966 and is sung by Judy Street...I know its posted on YT so well worth a listen...Dave Ball was an old soul boy so hence the Northern covers.

Anyway, I was hoping you have a re-up policy and could re-upload Fun City if possible